Positions such as marketing management trainee, retail manager, advertising manager, sales professional and similar titles are available in businesses, industries, government entities and nonprofit organizations. The Associate in Applied Science Degree in Business: Marketing provides career oriented academic training in the fundamentals of marketing. Students gain knowledge of various marketing and business-related areas, including advertising, selling, retailing, consumer behavior, accounting and economics as well as basic computer skills that will assist them in making marketing-related decisions. For more information on this program, contact Brian Testerman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-818-2003.
Total Program Hours: 60
This program is available at the Greenbrier Valley Campus, Mercer County Campus, Nicholas County Campus and the Raleigh County Campus.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
- Formulate, direct, or coordinate marketing activities or policies to promote products or services, working with advertising or promotion managers.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, or return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Compile lists describing product or service offerings.