Transfer Agreements

Graduates from New River typically obtain employment or continue to a four-year school.  We have articulation agreements with most of the area four-year colleges and universities, which means that students may obtain their first two years of a four-year degree at New River CTC then continue on (transfer) to the four-year school for the final two years. This 2+2 approach to obtaining a 4-year degree is typically more cost effective for students.  

There are two guides for understanding the rules in West Virginia higher education related to transferring courses. They are:

  1. Transfer Agreement 2020-2021
  2. Transferability of Credits and Grades at West Virginia Colleges and Universities

Additionally, New River CTC has articulation agreements in place with the following institutions to make the transfer process easier for you: