New River Community and Technical College is an open-door admissions institution, which means that the College is committed to providing an educational opportunity to all persons regardless of educational background or preparation. The College has established the following guidelines to assist students in complying with established admissions standards of the institution. Refer to Student Types for more specific information.
After you have completed and submitted your application for admission, you will receive notification that your application has been processed. We will also contact you if additional documents are needed to complete your admission file. All requested documents should be mailed directly from the school or agency to the campus Office of Admissions location you will be attending or if an online student, choose the closest campus you will work with. You will be assigned a New River Identification number (ID #) which is included in your admission letter.
Steps to Enrollment for degree or certificate (CAS) seeking students:
- Apply for admission.
- Send official transcripts to New River CTC: high school or high school equivalency official transcripts and other official college transcripts (if applicable).
- If degree or certificate seeking, submit ACT or SAT scores taken within the past 5 years or call a location listed below to schedule an appointment to complete your placement test:
- Apply for financial aid (FAFSA) online at https://fafsa.gov/. New River CTC’s school code is 039603.
- Complete your Student Orientation online to register for classes. Also, plan to attend an on campus orientation. Transient students, non-degree seeking students and those enrolling as provisional high school students do not have to complete online orientation.
- Call a location listed below to schedule your appointment to register for classes:
Statement of Nondiscrimination and Affirmative Action
New River Community and Technical College does not discriminate in its educational programs or in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or genetic information or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state laws.
The office listed below has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s non-discrimination policies relating to disabilities, sex or other forms of discrimination.
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of The Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Title IX
Amanda Baker, Director of Human Resources
New River Community and Technical College
280 University Drive
Beaver, WV 25813