In 2019, with a comprehensive evaluation for reaffirmation of accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission and a new president, New River Community and Technical College (CTC) entered a new era. With it, came a need for a new institutional strategic plan. From late February to early March of 2019, the membership of a new College Planning Committee was formed and the new committee held its first meeting March 25, 2019. This committee’s membership includes representatives from all facets of college operations.
Through October, 2019, the committee worked to develop New River CTC’s next institutional strategic plan. In early November, the college community was invited to comment on the draft. In January, 2020, the finalized plan was launched.
In August of 2019, during the Fall 2019 Faculty and Staff Institute, College President, Dr. Bonny Copenhaver challenged the faculty and staff of New River CTC to the following:
1) To change from the mindset that students should be college-ready to one that continuously improves upon processes, actions, and attitudes to make New River CTC ready for students.
2) To make concerted efforts so that, by 2021-2022, the unduplicated headcount will meet or exceed 1800 students.
New River Community and Technical College will further its mission to provide accessible, affordable, quality education and workforce training by:
1. Empowering all students to succeed
2. Enhancing organizational effectiveness and accountability
3. Engaging in community and economic development
Click here to access the full 2020-23 strategic plan.