Before you may apply to the ADN Program you must submit a completed application to New River Community and Technical College
Applications for admission to the LPN to ADN or Paramedic to ADN Program must be submitted to the Director of the ADN Program by October 1st for January 2023 admission and May 1st for August 2023 admission. Applications are to be submitted electronically to RN-Program@newriver.edu.
Following provisional admission to the ADN Program, all applicants must complete the following:
- Successful passage of the ATI TEAS admissions test with the program application.
- A criminal background check (students responsible for all fees associated with background check) 45 days before the first day of class.
- Physical examination with laboratory testing 45 days before the first day of class; required forms will be provided to students upon notification of provisional admission (students are responsible for completing physical exam by the healthcare provider of choice and for all associated costs).
- Drug/alcohol screening 45 days before the first day of class (students responsible for all fees associated with this screening).
- Basic Cardiac Life Support for healthcare providers (BCLS) through the American Heart Association provider 45 days before the first day of class (students responsible for arranging to complete health providers BCLS course and any fees associated with this requirement). Your card must remain in effect for the entirety of the program.
The school will provide the medical forms and instructions for registering for criminal background checks and drug testing, ordering textbooks, and uniforms with the provisional acceptance letter.
Admittance into the ADN Program at New River Community and Technical College does not guarantee that the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses will grant the student the opportunity to sit for the NCLEX-RN licensure examination. The Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses may deny testing to any applicant proven guilty of certain infractions, such as, but not limited to fraud, felony, or moral misconduct.
New River Community and Technical College offers nursing programs that lead to professional certification in the state of West Virginia and cannot confirm if programs meet the prerequisites for professional certification outside the state of West Virginia. Students will need to contact the state licensing board relative to their program of study in the state of which they seek certification for further information.