For general admission to New River CTC students must submit:
- New River CTC Application for Admission
- Official transcripts (all transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to New River CTC’s Office of Admissions):
- High school or TASC/GED scores
- LPN school
- All other college transcripts
Acceptance into the Bridge Program is based on these eligibility requirements:
- Admission to New River CTC, must be fully admitted through the Office of Admissions
- Completion of Anatomy and Physiology I and II with a lab (4 credit hours each course) with a grade of “C” or greater
- Completion of the TEAS preadmission test with a score of 62 or above
Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Students must be a Licensed Practical Nurse with an unencumbered license
All required LPN to RN program documentation must be submitted electronically to RN-Program@newriver.edu.
Admittance into the LPN to RN Bridge Program New River Community and Technical College does not guarantee that the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses will grant the student the opportunity to sit for the NCLEX-RN licensure examination. The Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses may deny testing to any applicant proven guilty of certain infractions, such as, but not limited to, fraud, felony, or moral misconduct.
New River Community and Technical College offers nursing programs that lead to professional certification in the state of West Virginia and cannot confirm if programs meet the prerequisites for professional certification outside the state of West Virginia. Students will need to contact the state licensing board relative to their program of study in the state of which they seek certification for further information.