If you are currently a high school student and would like to take a course from New River CTC, we consider you a provisional student.

The following requirements and procedures must be met each semester in which you enroll:

  • Be a junior or senior.
  • Have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher.
  • Submit an Application for Admission form every semester you will attend.
  • Complete and submit a New River CTC Provisional Form prior to new student registration each semester. The completed form is required in order to register for a course or courses. The Provisional Form is available on our website, by emailing admissions@newriver.edu or calling the Director of Enrollment Services, 304-929-5480.
  • ACT, SAT or Accuplacer placement test scores if you plan to enroll in math, English and other courses with prerequisites. The Accuplacer placement test may be scheduled at New River CTC once your Application for Admission is processed and your student identification number is assigned if you are taking courses at your local campus. Contact your campus Student Success Center representative to arrange to take the Accuplacer test.

Note: Admission and registration will take place on site at the high school for dual enrollment college courses offered within the high school.

If you are a current high school student, you are not eligible for financial aid while in high school. You will apply as a first time freshman for the semester you wish to attend after graduation. Your graduation date must be before the start of the academic year to be eligible to receive financial aid.

Academic Calendar

Withdraw/Drop Class

Office of Admissions/Enrollment Services 

Principal’s or counselors interested in setting up dual credit courses with New River CTC or questions regarding credentialing, etc. should contact the Dean of Preprofessional and Transfer Programs, 304-929-5494 for more information.