If you’re pursuing a degree at New River CTC, you’ll be assigned an advisor once you are fully admitted to the College. Your advisor will help you with your course schedule, explaining academic policies, degree requirements and your academic records.
Students may find their advisor in myNewRiver.
1. Log in to myNewRiver
2. Click on Student Services in the left menu.
3. Click on Student Advisor. (if prompted, login to Self-Service Banner)
- Choose Student
- Select Student Records
- View Student Information
Students are expected to consult with their advisors during faculty office hours. Advisors are expected to give students careful guidance in the pursuit of their studies at the College.
Students may view contact information for their advisor on the College Directory or in Self-Service Banner.
Students should bring a current copy of their unofficial transcript to their advising appointments. To print your unofficial transcript:
Former students may still access their Self-Service Banner account, even if they have not attended for several years. If you cannot access your account please contact IT Support at 304-929-6725 or the Registrar’s Office and ask for a “Self-Service Banner PIN reset.”
Once logged in:
- Click Student
- Click Student Records
- Click Academic Transcript
- Click Submit
- Depending on your internet browser, you may need to press CTRL+P on your keyboard to bring up the print menu.
Once registered, students may view and print their class schedule through Self-Service Banner:
- Choose Student
- Select Registration
- Choose: Week at a Glance or Concise Student Schedule or Student Detail Schedule