New River Community and Technical College, in alignment with the United States Department of Education Regulation 34 CFR 668.43 (a) (5) (v)), is required to disclose a list of states/jurisdictions where the institution’s curriculum meets state educational requirements for professional licensure or certification.
Meeting curriculum criteria for state educational requirements does not include transferring a professional licensure or certification between states or jurisdictions. Additional requirements to transfer a certification or licensure may apply.
Programs of study at New River Community and Technical College that may result in a professional licensure or certification in this category include:
- Cosmetology (COSM)
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Medical Lab Technician (MLT)
- Practical Nursing (LPN)
- Registered Nursing (NURS)
- Physical Therapist Assisting (PTA)
- Massage Therapy (THPY)
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
For details regarding initial licensure within a state or transferring professional licensure or certification, visit the association websites listed below for additional information.
- Physical Therapist Assisting (PTA) —Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) —National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
- Practical Nursing (LPN) and Registered Nursing (NURS) —National Council State Boards of Nursing
- Medical Lab Technician (MLT) —West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources Bureau for Public Health
- Cosmetology (COSM) —WV Board of Barbers and Cosmetologists
- Massage Therapy (THPY) —Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) — West Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
The professional licensure disclosure document contains information on programs that require professional licensure/registration. The document lists states and territories showing that New River CTC’s program does meet that state’s requirements, does not meet that state’s requirements, or it has not yet been determined (TBD) by New River CTC if the training meets requirements.
These disclosures are updated annually (please note the date at the bottom of the document showing the most recent update).