One Room University
City National Bank has provided a beautiful space for the One Room University on the second floor of its Marlinton Branch. The 801 3rd Avenue entrance gives separate access to the facility which allows for an operating schedule outside the bank’s normal hours.
Administrative Hours: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday Extended Hours: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (based on each semester schedule.)
Stop in at the One Room University and we’ll help you get your admission application filled out and processed today.
- Official High School Transcript (must be an official copy from the high school in a sealed envelope) or you may request to have it sent directly from the school to Admissions electronically, if available, firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit your high school’s website for ordering information under “Transcript Request”.
- College Transcripts—if applicable (must be an official copy from the Registrar’s Office in a sealed envelope) from each college attended. Most colleges allow you to order transcripts online. Go to your institution’s website. Find Registrar and click on “Transcript Request”.
- If you have not taken college level English and math, or taken the SAT or ACT within the last 5 years, you may take the Accuplacer placement test at the One Room University.
- First test is free. Please call for an appointment, 304-799-4950.
- Complete Online Orientation, https://www.newriver.edu/online-student-orientation-module/.
- Once you have completed the steps above, you may register for classes.
What is the One Room University (ORU)
The ORU is a unique educational environment allowing students to take college classes in Pocahontas County. Students can enroll and attend classes at New River Community and Technical College from the ORU located on the second floor of City National Bank in Marlinton. Special study carrels connect students with IVN classrooms at the Greenbrier Valley Campus and additional online learning opportunities. There is also classroom space available for traditional instruction.
Staff members are on site to monitor classes, administer testing, and help students with the admission, financial aid, and registration processes.