New River CTC is proud to participate in West Virginia’s Community and Technical College Systems Learn and Earn grant program. The Learn and Earn program is the leading workforce development, economic development, and educational partnership in the Mountain State. Learn and Earn connects employers with students through colleges, allowing students to take technical courses while gaining paid work experiences. The student pay is shared by the company and the college, and students receive at least $10 per hour to work in the field they are studying in.
- 1-year or 2-year degree programs
- Co-op experience must pay no less than $10/hour
- Employer gains a highly-qualified employee and a future skilled labor pool
- Students earn valuable on-the-job training while attending school
- 50/50 employer & college matching reimbursement
The Learn and Earn program is an annual grant program designed to improve employer access to resources in the state’s educational institutions. This program provides designated professionals and resources to support workforce education and allows students to take technical courses while receiving paid work opportunities. For information regarding how the Learn and Earn program could benefit your company contact Program Specialist Gloria Kincaid.