Industrial Technology is where mechanics, electronics and controls intersect. The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Industrial Technology is a focused, career-oriented program that brings the latest techniques in precision mechanical engineering, controls theory, computer science and electronics together in the design process to create more functional and adaptable products.
Students trained in this program will be able to:
- Think critically and analytically in order to solve problems and formulate decisions and opinions while utilizing mathematical skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of electrical circuits, Ohm’s Law, DC power and AC power and their relationships to industrial equipment.
- Describe basic industrial wiring, conduit sizes, their connections and common practices in the industrial workplace.
- Comprehend PLCs and their application in industrial automation.
- Demonstrate understanding of electrical motors, overloads, starters and motor control techniques.
- Demonstrate understanding of fluid power, both hydraulic and pneumatic, basic usages and control of each system.
- Solve issues and diagnose electrical and mechanical industrial equipment and their components.
- Control automation, connecting all learned disciplines into a systems approach culminating with Flexible Manufacturing.
Total Program Hours: 60