Greenbrier Valley Campus only
The esthetics program is a branch of the cosmetology focusing on skin care and makeup. The certificate program consists of 30 credit hours of instruction of both theoretical and practical skill development as required for licensure by the West Virginia Board of Barbers and Cosmetologists and exceeds the 600 clock hours required.
The program requires a GPA of 2.0 or higher. Licensing or certification exams are independent of graduation requirements.
Upon completion of the Esthetics program, students will be eligible for the examination administered by the Board provided all eligibility requirements are met. For more information on this program, contact Lisa Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-793-3005.
Total Program Hours: 30
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Express the scientific concepts of esthetics to deliver safe, effective services in the field of esthetics.
- Express esthetics analyses and specialized services to the client.
- Demonstrate proper esthetics set up and client protection.
- Demonstrate proper technique in cleansing and steaming of the face.
- Perform facial massage with knowledgeable skill.
- Perform manual skin extractions with professionalism.
- Perform hair removal with educated skill.
- Perform facial masking in a specialized setting.
- Apply makeup procedures in the practiced setting.
- Know the West Virginia laws pertaining to the esthetics field.