Positions such as management trainee, supervisor, department head, office manager, personnel administrator, and similar titles are available in businesses, industries, government entities, and non-profit organizations. The Associate in Applied Science Degree in Business: Management is career-oriented and designed to provide academic training in fundamentals of management for entry-level management positions. Students acquire knowledge of various management and business-related areas, including human resources, small business management, accounting, and economics. Students also gain basic computer skills that will assist them in managerial decision making. For more information on this program, contact Brian Testerman at email@example.com or 304-818-2003.
Total Program Hours: 60
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Direct administrative activities related to making products or providing services.
- Choose leadership skills required to effectively and efficiently plan, organize, and control an organization for a competitive advantage
- Support ethical and legal decision making in hiring, firing, and discipline of employees