If you are applying to New River CTC for the first time (even if you took college classes while in high school), and you have not attended another college, as a regular student, and have a high school diploma, GED or TASC, we consider you a first-time freshman.
A first-time freshman must submit the following to be admitted to a Certificate or Associate Degree program Certificate of Applied Science, Associate of Science Degree or Associate of Applied Science Degree program:
- An Application for Admission.
- A final official high school transcript, including the date of graduation, mailed directly from the high school or Board of Education in an original sealed envelope (a copy is not an official document). The official transcript must include the date of graduation and be in the school’s sealed envelope. An official copy of General Education Development (GED), Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), or HiSET scores may be submitted in lieu of the high school transcript.
- A copy of your ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer test scores. Test scores must be within 5 years from the date of Application for Admissions to be accepted. The Accuplacer test, if required, may be scheduled at New River CTC once your Application for Admission is processed and your student identification number is assigned. Contact your campus Student Success Center representative to arrange to take the Accuplacer test.
- If you took college courses while in high school, you must request official transcripts for those courses and list the college(s) on your Application for Admission. These transcripts should be sent directly from the issuing institution to the campus Office of Admissions at the campus you plan to attend.
In order to make an appointment to register for courses, a new student must complete Online Orientation, have submitted placement test scores, and if applicable official college transcripts (if taken in high school) must be received.
- 2023 Presidential Scholarship Application: The Presidential Scholarship is a merit based scholarship for current high school seniors graduating. The 2023 deadline to apply for the Presidential Scholarship is April 14, 2023.