The West Virginia Fleet Management Division provides overall management services for 7,500 1 ton and under classified vehicles, to ensure that these vehicles are appropriate for the transportation needs of the users, to interface with all levels of State Government, and to coordinate the involvement of state agencies that lease and manage vehicles.
New River Community and Technical College will ensure compliance with WV State Code 5A-1-2 (f), 5A-3-48, and Title 148 Legislative Rule Department of Administration Series 3, State-Owned Vehicles (https://fleet.wv.gov/AFC_Resources/Documents/HB%204015%20Effective%206-5-18.pdf). The College will establish and follow guidelines and procedures governing the management of all motor vehicles with a vehicle rating of one-ton or less owned and operated by the College.
College employees must complete the following steps to be able to drive a State Vehicle, leased, rented or requesting mileage reimbursements for personal vehicle usage through New River CTC.
- Complete Annual Driver Training (and any recurrent or subsequent trainings throughout the year)
- Have a valid driver’s license on file with New River CTC Fleet
- Driver Training Record on File: Online Training Completed, signed Defensive Driving Training and DMV Driver’s License Record (DOA-FM-023) and signed State of WV Employee Acknowledgement (DOA-FM-011)
You must request Driver Training by sending an e-mail request to email@example.com prior to reserving a State Vehicle for travel purposes. Once you have been assigned training, you will receive an email from “ARISafety@airfleet.com ACTION REQUIRED: Safety Training Login Information” to access your online training assignment(s). Individuals who are not current with defensive driver training, and not meet the above requirements, will NOT be able to drive a state vehicle, leased vehicle, rental vehicle or request reimbursement.
Individuals Not Meet Current Training
Individuals who are not current with defensive driver training and not meet the requirements will NOT be able to drive a state vehicle, leased vehicle, rental vehicle or request reimbursement. There will be no emergency allowances or exceptions given for drivers that have not meet the requirements. Plan in advance and contact the Fleet Department at least two weeks prior to utilize a fleet vehicle when not current on the requirements.
- No passengers other than state employees, non-employees, and authorized passengers are permitted in vehicles without specific approval of the President or designee
- State owned vehicle may be used for official state business only by either primarily one employee or by multiple employees as a pool vehicle.
- Vehicles utilized as a pool vehicle must be kept on state-owned or leased property when not in use and cannot be taken home without approval.
- Each driver is responsible for recording information that must be reported by the AFC (Area Fleet Coordinator) to FMD (Fleet Management Division) when they are driving the vehicle; this information is recorded on the vehicle mileage log.
- Inappropriate use will be reviewed and training provided or discipline to employee when necessary.
- Each driver will be assigned a fuel pin number for usage of the vehicle fuel card.
- Any issues with the vehicle, safety concerns, etc., must be reported immediately to the New River CTC AFC (Brian Sampson or Jodi Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Smoking is restricted in all vehicles
Requirements Prior To Making Fleet Requests:
- Current/Valid Driver’s License provided to New River CTC Fleet Department (required upon completion of initial driver training – will need to update any expired license on file)
- Completed/passed defensive drivers training
- Submit an Approved Travel Authorization Form (must be attached to your reservation)
- Book Reservation
- Confirmation email received from an Area Fleet Coordinator
- Pick up keys/gas card/EzPass for vehicle morning of reservation (it is your responsibility to request your fuel PIN prior to traveling)
- No reservations or last minute reservations: vehicles may already be reserved and additional time will be needed to arrange a vehicle through the local rental car vendor. Availability may be limited, or not available at all, pending inventory on hand.
**Smoking is restricted in all vehicles
Vehicle Return Process
- Refuel Vehicle before returning it and remove all trash
- Complete Vehicle Log Sheet (located in vehicle log book)
- Return keys and gas receipt (sign gas receipt along with department and car license plate number)
Note: If returning after hours, return items to Maintenance/Security Team