Random Acts of Kindness Week
Ways to Show and Spread Kindness
Random Acts of Kindness can be as big or small as you wish.
- Volunteer at a charity.
- Help someone carry their groceries or carry their items into work.
- Invite a co-worker you don’t normally socialize with to sit with you at lunch.
- Share praise with a co-worker’s boss and their boss’ boss.
- Pass on coupons you don’t need.
- Share a positive quote or leave it on someone’s desk before they get in for the day.
- Write a coworker a note of praise.
- Get to work early and leave a piece of candy at each person’s desk.
- Write, draw, make, or gift something encouraging to someone having a hard time.
- Welcome and get to know new hires.
- Offer to help with a co-worker’s least favorite task.
- Say one nice thing to the coworkers you see one day.
- Put a surprise note or drawing in your significant other’s or kid’s lunch.
- Post a genuine compliment to three people on social media.
- Allow someone into your lane. They’re probably in a rush — just like you.
- Let the person in line behind you at the supermarket go first.
- Compliment your boss for something you admire but have never expressed.
- Don’t gossip.
- Write a letter of recommendation for a colleague.
- Forgive someone. And really mean it.
- Strike up a conversation with the person standing alone at a party/work function.
- Listen to a friend having a tough time — without offering advice.
- Put money in an expired parking meter.
- Leave a thank-you note for your mail carrier.
- You can also whip up your own ideas using a kindness generator provided by The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation.
During this week if you see someone doing something kind for someone else, send email@example.com an email to say what you saw. We would love to publish a list of good deeds done in the next From Hawk’s Nest, New River CTC’s employee newsletter. Be sure to spread some kindness of your own as well!