Current Students: How to Register for Classes
- Make an appointment with your faculty advisor (you can find your advisor’s name on self-service banner or DegreeWorks). Faculty advisors will have their office hours posted on their doors for advising purposes. Preview the schedule (most current version is available on the college website) and make a draft of courses that you need/want to take to complete your degree.
- Make sure you take the following with you to your advising appointment:
- your most current transcript (you can get this on self-service banner) or a Degreeworks audit. Login to your myNewRiver account for access to your self-service banner and DegreeWorks.
- a copy of your program evaluation sheet (available on the college website under degrees and programs). You won’t need this if you take your Degreeworks audit.
- a registration form (available at reception/information areas on each campus) the draft of courses you would like to take
- Complete the registration form with your advisor. Your faculty advisor MUST sign the form before it can be processed.
- Turn your registration form in to the Office of Admissions or on the Raleigh Co. Campus, the Registrar’s Office. They will input your registration into the system and give you a copy. Do not leave your registration form with your faculty advisor. You must take it to the Office of Admissions to be entered into the database.
- Contact the registrar’s office at email@example.com or 304-929-6722 or 304-929-2425 if you have questions about registration.
New/Returning Students: How to Register for Classes
- Make an appointment with the Office of Admissions on the campus you will attend. Priority registration dates are reserved for students who have completed their admission file.
Office of Admissions (Area code 304) ATC 929-3315 ● GVC 647-6565 ● MCC 818-2012 ● NCC 883-2438 ● RCC 929-5475
Delaying registration will limit your selection of courses to choose from and may delay the release of your aid to purchase books and receive balance checks for the semester.