The Associate of Science Degree in Computer Science prepares students for careers in the computer industry. Three industry recognized CompTIA Certifications are embedded in this program: A+, Network+ and Server+. For more information on this program, contact Tricia Hoover at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-929-6702.
Total Program Hours: 60
Take classes online or attend classes on-campus at the Greenbrier Valley Campus, Mercer County Campus, Nicholas County Campus and the Raleigh County Campus.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of computer hardware and its repair.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of systems software and its maintenance and initialization.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of networks and their maintenance and initialization.
- Utilizing the scientific method solve basic hardware, software problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with users on hardware/software issues, planning and implementation of software programs and applications.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve programming problems by utilizing C++ and Visual basic.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize programming techniques and structures including looping, nested “if then else” and case statements, and preform basic mathematical calculation.
- Demonstrate and understanding of structured and object oriented program methodologies.