For general admission to New River CTC students must submit:
- New River CTC Application for Admission
- Official transcripts (all transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to New River CTC’s Office of Admissions):
- High school or TASC/GED scores
- LPN school/Paramedic certification
- All other college transcripts
Acceptance into the ADN Program is based on these eligibility requirements:
- Admission to New River CTC, must be fully admitted through the Office of Admissions
- Completion of Anatomy and Physiology I and II with a lab (4 credit hours each course) with a grade of “C” or greater
- Completion of the TEAS pre-admission test with a score of 62 or above
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Students must be a Licensed Practical Nurse with an unencumbered license or a Paramedic with an active paramedic certification.
- All required ADN program documentation must be submitted electronically to RN-Program@newriver.edu.
Admittance into the ADN Program at New River Community and Technical College does not guarantee that the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses will grant the student the opportunity to sit for the NCLEX-RN licensure examination. The Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses may deny testing to any applicant proven guilty of certain infractions, such as, but not limited to fraud, felony, or moral misconduct.
New River Community and Technical College offers nursing programs that lead to professional certification in the state of West Virginia and cannot confirm if programs meet the prerequisites for professional certification outside the state of West Virginia. Students will need to contact the state licensing board relative to their program of study in the state of which they seek certification for further information.