New River CTC is not certified to enroll international students at this time. You must be a U.S. citizen or have a permanent resident (green card) in order to enroll at New River CTC. NOTE: For international student information, contact the Student and Visitor Exchange Program (SEVIS) at 703-603-3400 or visit their website: http://www.ice.gov/sevis/. For information on permanent residency, visit http://www.uscis.gov/greencard.
If you are a current high school student and would like to take a course through New River CTC, we consider you a provisional student. The following requirements and procedures must be met each semester in which you enroll:
Students must have junior or senior status;
- Must have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher
- Students must submit an Application for Admission each term
- Must complete a Provisional Form prior to registration which includes:
- Recommendation and signature of the high school principal
- A list of approved courses
- Signature of parent or legal guardian
If you are transferring to New River CTC from another accredited post-secondary institution (college or university), we consider you a transfer student. A student who fails to acknowledge attendance at any college or university in which he/she has been registered is subject to immediate dismissal. You must list the institution(s) on your Application for Admission, including withdrawn courses if a transcript was created. If you are unsure, contact the institution to clarify prior to submitting your application. Transfer students must submit the following information:
- An Application for Admission form.
- Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended, sent directly from the previous institution to the local campus Office of Admissions.
- A final official high school transcript if transferring in fewer than 30 college credit hours from an accredited institution, mailed directly from the high school (a copy is not an official document). The official transcript must include the date of graduation.
- A copy of your ACT, SAT, Compass, or Accuplacer placement test scores if you have not taken and passed a college level Math and English course. The Accuplacer test may be taken on your local campus by contacting the testing Program Coordinator once you have completed the application process to New River.
- An Application for Admission form
- An unofficial copy of college transcripts from previous institutions (if applicable) when prior coursework will meet prerequisite requirements. This is for registration purpose only and will not be used for transcripting former college credit.
A returning (re-admitted) student who did not register for classes during the previous semester (excluding the summer term) and did not attempt any other college work during this time, must submit the following information:
- A new Application for Admission form
- Update any requested documentation for your admissions file