The New River Community and Technical College (CTC) Foundation was established in 2007 as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation to support the College’s mission to provide accessible, affordable, quality education and workforce programs to meet the needs of the region we serve. Our role is to make education accessible and affordable for our students by providing scholarships, building and technology improvements, and equipment that facilitates hands-on learning.
The New River CTC Foundation’s Board of Directors provides oversight of community relations, fundraising, and awards disbursement. They work in conjunction with the President of the College, Dr. L. Marshall Washington, and the Executive Director of the Foundation, Michael Green, who serve as ex-officio members of the Board.
Chair: Dr. Kyle Fort
Vice Chair: Dr. Olen Jones
Secretary: Mr. Jim Ferguson
Treasurer: Mr. Edward D. Knight, III, Esq.
The Foundation Board’s major responsibilities are to:
1. Ensure the board is composed of dedicated and energetic people that are capable of being involved in private-sector resource development.
2. Establish and carry out an effective private-sector resource development plan.
3. Provide volunteer leadership for the college’s private-sector resource development function.
4. Set the pace for giving through the members’ own financial commitment to all components of the private-sector resource development program, including annual gifts, planned gifts, and ongoing major gifts, and pledges provided during periodic major gifts campaigns.
5. Solicit peers of similar influence and affluence.
6. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of their fundraising efforts.
Members are drawn from area businesses and industry, education including K-12 and baccalaureate colleges, and public service.
Specific responsibilities of individual Advisory Board members include serving as:
1. “Advisors” to the president and governing boards;
2. “Ambassadors” to the College’s constituencies;
3. “Friend raisers” for the College;
4. “Examples” by personally investing in the College; and
5. “Fundraisers” from private-sector sources.
Mr. Michael Green, Interim Executive Director
New River CTC Foundation
280 University Drive
Beaver, WV 25813