The mission of the Office of Career Services at New River Community and Technical College is to empower students/alumni to identify and actualize their career goals. In partnership with staff, faculty and employers, Career Services facilitates the career development process by providing career advising/counseling, career information, employment services, further educational planning and experiential education.
Programs and Services
- Individual career advising including career assessments, resume writing and interview preparation
- Access to occupation information including job growth, salary and education requirements
- Access to Kuder Journey and College Central
- Job postings including full-time, part-time, internships, and seasonal employment
- Job referrals to individuals that register with Career Services
- Workshops and class presentations on a variety of career related topics
- Career/job fairs and on-campus recruiting
Job Search Prep
Career Services Guide – The Career Services Guide is a comprehensive handbook to the Office of Career Services. Inside the guide you will find information about online services provided by the college as well as tips on resumes, cover letters, interviewing, and much more. Printed copies are available at the Career Services office or you may view the Digital Version Here
Resume Writing Guide—Tips on selecting a resume style, formatting, showcasing your education/skills and much more!
Ace Your Interview—Tips on preparing for your interview. This includes what to wear, types of interviews, possible questions, and how to follow-up after the interview!
Career Planning and Job Search Services
Kuder Journey—Career Planning System is a free online career planning system with access to career assessments, occupational information and tools to plan your career. Contact the Office of Career Services for the access code.
College Central—Career Management System is a free online career management system with access to job posting as well as an online career document library with podcasts and videos. Need help? Here is a Guide to Using College Central
Workforce WV-- Search for open positions and career related information.
LinkedIn Jobs-- Leverage the world's largest professional network to connect with opportunity.