New River Community and Technical College is an open-door admissions institution, which means that the College is committed to providing an educational opportunity to all persons regardless of educational background or preparation.
The College has established the following guidelines to assist students in complying with established admissions standards of the institution. Refer to "New River Enrollment Categories" for more specific information.
All material submitted in support of an Application for Admission becomes property of New River.
- Admission file requirements must be satisfied and a student must be "fully admitted" in order to receive Financial Aid, if eligible.
- Applicants must list all former colleges attended on the Application or there will be a substantial delay in the processing of financial aid.
- It is the sole responsibility of the student to provide accurate information on the Application for Admission form. An incorrect social security number can delay file completion, financial aid and/or loans, if eligible.
- Former and/or maiden name(s) must be listed on the Application for Admission. If requesting a high school or college transcript under a previous name, it must be listed on the Application in order to process.
- Admission to the college does not ensure the entry of applicants into specific programs, nor does it imply eligibility to enroll in a course with established prerequisites or to enter a program that has a limited number of spaces and certain minimum entrance requirements.
Statement of Nondiscrimination and Affirmative Action
New River Community and Technical College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to the principle that minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, blindness or disability in its educational programs or in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its career-technical opportunities, programs or activities as required by applicable state and federal law. All inquiries concerning application of the above, including compliance and accommodation, should be directed to the Vice President of Student Services, 221 George Street, Ste. 2, Beckley, WV 25801, 304-929-5011.